EHS Manager in Tomball, TX
Posted: Aug 19, 2016
The EH&S Manager (EHSM) has the following primary responsibilities and expectations: The EH&S Manager will lead the development and implementation of all EH&S management systems for ICP Adhesives and Sealants business, encompassing the areas of Safety, Health, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Protection, and Regulatory Compliance. The position will serve as a member of the division’s leadership team. The EH&S Manager will work closely with appropriate stakeholders and line workers to develop and maintain formal programs that ensure effective identification, evaluation, and management of risk across the ICP Adhesives and Sealants manufacturing facilities. This position reports to the ICP Adhesives & Sealants Division’s Vice President of Operations.
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Acts as the Chair of the employee Safety Committee; responsible for scheduling and leading meetings, setting agendas, coordinating presentations, recording, distributing and maintaining meeting minutes.
- Partners with site managers, stakeholders (employees, vendors, contractors, etc.) and the Corporate EH&S Director to ensure EH&S policies, procedures and initiatives provide an efficient and effective safe work environment
- Ensure that all EH&S management systems (MQ1) and guidelines remain up-to-date and complaint. Responsible for monitoring and updating of MQ1 database.
- Maintain EH&S compliance and timely reporting (e.g. permits, licenses, and maintaining appropriate records) for federal, state and local laws and applicable agency regulations
- Responsible for ICP Adhesives and Sealants OSHA PSM and Risk Management Program (EPA) administration, tracking, updates and compliance
- Ensure that all site safety policies required for regulatory compliance and appropriate risk management are developed, executed, documented and maintained
- Develop, schedule, execute and track employee EH&S training, including but not limited to New Employee Orientation, Lock Out, Tag Out, Emergency Response, Confined Space Entry, PPE, etc. Liaise with HR to ensure that all training is documented in employee personnel files
- Responsible for administering the Safety Investigation Program – documenting and leading all accident/incident investigations, injuries/complaints concerning hazards in the work place; Ensure that root causes of near misses and incidents are identified
- Support ICP Groups commitment to EH&S excellence through continuous improvement activities; Work with manufacturing, maintenance, and management personnel to continuously improve manufacturing processes; Work closely with the Corporate EH&S Director and ICP Group EH&S stakeholders to continuously drive for EH&S excellence across the ICP Group network
- Protects ICP assets and ensures they are not be damaged or compromised because due to policies, procedures or neglect. ▪ Ensure that all process quality and product quality procedures are followed as they relate to EH&S and ICP Adhesives and Sealants ISO-9001 certification
- Responsible for site inspections and routine walk throughs to ensure all production and office areas are always clean, organized and in accordance with all safety standards.
- Participate as a team player and willing assume additional tasks/responsibilities as assigned
- B.S. in Safety, Health, Environment or related field preferred
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years SH&E experience in chemical manufacturing or R&D environment
- Must have flexibility to work off hours and weekends and be on-call, as required
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (written and oral communication, people management and influencing) with both internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in writing and executing training programs
- Professional certification as a Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or equivalent environmental certification preferred
- Must be able to multi-task effectively, close the loop, and follow specific instruction (work instructions, procedures, etc.)
- Ability to remain calm/collected and assume a leadership role in emergency and/or hazardous situations.
- Excellent organizational/administration skills; high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, good judgment and positive attitude
- Demonstrated success in a team environment in achieving high performance and goal objectives
- MS Word, Excel, and Outlook software proficiency.
- Aptitude to use other databases and computer systems and software as needed.
- The EH&S Manager will be required to travel up to 50% of the time.
- The potential for foreign travel exists (Canada, Mexico) so a valid passport is required.
For more information about this posting contact: Brian Fenton email@example.com
EHS Representative for Pryor OK
Posted: May 20, 2016
Kemp Quarries, a leading producer and supplier of construction aggregates in the geographic market encompassing Northeast Oklahoma, Southwest Missouri and Northwest Arkansas, has an immediate need for an EHS Representative to join our growing organization.
Job Description Summary
We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS)Manager to join our organization. Competitive candidates will be required to demonstrate a past, strong work ethic with self-motivational work style. The position will be responsible for EHS-related duties on a professional level and works closely with facility management in EHS functions such as formulating safety policy,employee training, environmental and safety regulatory compliance, loss prevention, hazard analysis, risk assessment, root cause analysis, recordkeeping, plant inspections and leading a behavioral-based safety culture.