Kemp Quarries, a leading producer and supplier of construction aggregates in the geographic market encompassing Northeast Oklahoma, Southwest Missouri and Northwest Arkansas, has an immediate need for an EHS Representative to join our growing organization.
Job Description Summary
We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS)Manager to join our organization. Competitive candidates will be required to demonstrate a past, strong work ethic with self-motivational work style. The position will be responsible for EHS-related duties on a professional level and works closely with facility management in EHS functions such as formulating safety policy,employee training, environmental and safety regulatory compliance, loss prevention, hazard analysis, risk assessment, root cause analysis, recordkeeping, plant inspections and leading a behavioral-based safety culture.
- Inspects and reports on plant compliance with all local, state and federal EHSlaws, regulations, code requirements and reporting, as well as, corporate policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the safety and loss prevention programs for the Company.
- Participates in hazard analyses, risk assessment and accident root cause analysis.
- Conducts annual and refresher EHS training (i.e. MSHA) to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Monitors EHS performance and works with management to achieve continual improvement.
- Serves as company resource for current laws and regulations concerning EHSrelated topics.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of EHS policies and programs together with Management.
- Participates in the onboarding of all new employees including, but not limited to,providing all required initial MSHANew Miner tasktraining, drug and hearing testing, distributing safety equipment, etc.
- Assists in the preparation, submittal and renewals of Company NPDES, storm water, air and reclamation permits.
- Establishes and maintains department records and reports. Scans and organizes documents into employees’ files.
- Oversee all regulatory field reportingto ensure timely and accuratecompletion, processing and data warehousing.
- Oversee Company regulatory inspections, fleet and recordable accidents, andinternal and externalclaims to ensure timely and cost-effective resolution.
- Purchase all safety equipment and training materials for the Company.
- Prepare, maintain and distribute effective training topics for weekly supervisory training sessions (i.e. Toolbox).
- Inspect and restock first aid stations, supplies and equipment.
- Recommend proper personal protective devices for employees as needed.
- Accompanyfederal inspectors during plant inspection.
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BS), preferably in an environmental or safety related field.
- 2–5 years’ experience in a combination of safety, health and environmental areas a plus.
- Any similar combination of education and experience and/or training.
- History of leading interactive workplace learning sessionsor attending group speaking training sessions.
- Past MSHA training instructor a plus.
- Experience and working knowledge of open cut mining operations, methods and procedures as related to Safety.
- Detailed knowledge of MSHA regulations required.
- Red Cross first aid certification a plus.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail. Ability to handle data accurately.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written; with the ability to deal effectively with employees at all levelsand external contacts.
- Candidate must have strong technical skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel and Outlook calendar scheduling experience
- Must demonstrate detailed knowledge, understanding and compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations relating to job duties.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with professionalism and discretion.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills combined with strong listening skills.
- Strong in multi-tasking.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Permanent residency in the U.S. is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; use both hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, and crouch and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The Benefits to You
- A culture that values and provides loyalty and commitment
- Competitive pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and short term disability programs
- 401(K) with company match