The Region III Regional Operating Committee or ROC met at the 2016 Professional Development Conference (PDC) on Saturday, August 27, 2016. Steve Gray, Region III RVP welcomed everyone that was present in the room and who attended by telephone conference call. There were five guests including the PDC planning committee members, Rick McCain (2017 Co Chair), Erika and Greg May of May Day Marketing, Diana Stegal, Region V VP, Kim McDowell, CoRA, Maribeth Anderson, Council on Regional affairs.
One of the goals for the meeting was Strategic Planning. The list below is some of the discussion topics:
- Quick Progression of Officers without experience
- Different Safety Professional Groups (IH, Environmental, Construction, Transportation, etc.)
- Downturn of Oilfield
- Student Sections Attendance
- Participation by sections
- Social Events
- Go to meeting Account
- Technical Specialist
- Officer Central-Officer Training and accountability
- Partner with other Associations (IAHA, IRMI, ect.)
- Temporary Sections
- Golf Outing or other social events
- Commitment from local Leadership
- Effective Communications-Newsletters, phone calls and emails.
- Membership Survey
- Region III Newsletter
- Chapter Monitoring Program
- Succession Planning
Items to take away
- Support Student Section
- Be a more social chapter (networking events)
- Use strategic partners (OSHA, AGC, AIHA)
At the conclusion of the meeting Jim Rainwater and Greg May discussed the last minute items for the PDC. Steve Gray discussed the Opening Session, Chapter Night Out and social gatherings, with discussions of the golf tournament.
- A motion was made by Denis Baker, and seconded by Steve Jablon to end the $2/member assessment fee. The Gulf Coast Chapter will be paid back in full following the PDC since the Region is now on a better footing.
- RVP Elections are coming up and we are needing some individuals to run against Steve Gray.
- Chapters must complete their Chapter Operations Plan which was due on 8/15. If you need assistance contact Steve Gray.
- In other business, Gerry Luther requested a motion to support Jennifer Lane’s survey for her Doctoral thesis. Motion passed (detailed in the minutes).
Steve Gray concluded the meeting by thanking everyone for all of their hard work and support throughout the planning and hosting of the PDC.
The minutes were provided by Stan Gregory, CSP, and provided here: 8-27-16-roc-minutes
Highlights from the Region III PDC
Posted: Sep 06, 2016
The ASSE Region III Professional Development Conference (PDC) was held on August 28-31, 2016 in San Antonio Texas at the Grand Hyatt San Antonio.
On behalf of the Region III PDC Planning Committee, we would like to thank you for your attendance and support of Region III!
PDC Conference Committee Chair Jim Rainwater thanks Committee Members for their Participation
Posted: Sep 06, 2016
Region III Professional Development Conference (PDC) Planning Committee Chair, Jim Rainwater, CSP, Sr. Risk Engineering Consultant with the Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.sent an email to planning committee members recently thanking each member for all of their efforts and support in making the recent Region III PDC in San Antonio a great success.
Jim said that to have “the conference run so smoothly it takes everyone’s effort and hard work. I have greatly appreciated everyone for giving and providing your strengths, sage advice, tireless input, and great attitude towards the conference this year.”
Region III PDC Planning Committee Members:
- Luke Albrecht
- Dennis Downing
- Jimmy Evans
- Dale Goss
- Steven Gray
- Stan Gregory
- Cameron Isaacs
- Gerry Luther
- Erika May
- Greg May
- Rick McCain
- Kimberly McDowell
- Robert Segelquist
- Bob Scudder
- Joel Tietjens
- Renee Witherspoon
On behalf of Region III we would like to sincerely like to thank Jim and his leadership on the committee, as well as, all of the Planning Committee Members, Sponsors, the ASSE South Texas Chapter and the many ASSE members and volunteers that made this event a success this year.
Welcome 2016-17 Volunteer Leaders
Posted: Aug 22, 2016