Our continued thoughts and prayers go out to all of our Region III colleagues their families and communities that have been and continue to be impacted by “Harvey” and its aftermath.
8/31/17 Update from Region III Leadership
Hello Members of ASSE,
Like all of us, the last several days have left us at a complete loss for words. While the news repeated statements such as devastation, epic, and unprecedented I stood by feeling helpless, anxious and eager. Through the abundance of text messages and emails we all received from friends and family across the country, there is no doubt that we WILL be back…better than ever…and dare we say, it’s going to be honor to play even a small part of that. Monetary donations can be made thru the following link: https://www.youcaring.com/asseregioniiimemberstheirfamiliesandallaffected-919937.
ASSE was founded to help prevent accidents – however, when natural disasters like Hurricane Harry occur, it’s our obligation to help those in need. There is no better time than now for us to join hands and help our members and others in the community affected by the storm. We have a great organization that is built to do amazing things. ASSE Region III will be coordinating efforts to support volunteer and donation efforts. We hope to help our fellow members directly impacted by the storm first, then their families and then hopefully help the entire city. So here we go.
Please see below –
If you were impacted by the floods – please let us know. We WANT to help, we NEED to help and CAN help in several ways:
- We can help replenish groceries;
- We can assist with lodging while you were displaced;
- We have members with extra room in their home for you to stay;
- We can help replacing clothing for you or your families that may have been lost;
- We can help with salvaging damage to your home.
If you notice above – WE CAN is used over and over again. That’s because WE CAN do anything and WILL DO what it takes to help our members affected by this storm across the Texas Gulf Coast in the Coastal Bend Chapter (Corpus Christi), Gulf Coast Chapter (Houston Area) and Sabine Neches Chapter (Beaumont area).
- For the simplification of emails, please respond back to only Steven Gray, William Gonzales, Sandra Baucom, Tabitha Laser or Michael Trahan with any questions. We will compile the responses and send notes directly to you with updates. Let’s keep communication tight and efficient, but frequent. It helps us all right now to know each of us are out there.
- We understand this could be a bit personal, but please share your needs and those of your family. Clothes, toiletries, a place to stay, shower or grab a hot meal. Let us know if you have carpets that need pulled, drywall removed or anything at all. ASSE is a small army, and we want to help. Besides, most of us will be going to do this anyways…so who better to devote our efforts to than our ASSE family? Please do not be shy. We will be collecting responses and organizing a donation list.
- Let us know who of you are in position to help. Please do not come out of your house if you shouldn’t or drive across town when you can’t. Also, let us know 1) where exactly each of you are in town, 2) if you have family or friends that want to roll with you, and 3) what you have to donate. We’ll match to the needs list to the resources and deploy as we can.
- ASSE Region III is partnering with OSHA to collect PPE for cleanup efforts. What we would ask you to do, if you can, is to start collecting any personal protective equipment that you can – especially N95 respirators, hard hats, gloves, goggles, face shields, glasses – and staging them for delivery or shipment.
- MDLive, is covering the cost (as in $0 out of pocket) of a medical telehealth visit with an MDLive physician for anyone affected by the Hurricane until 9/8/2017 for residents of Texas and Louisiana. This offer is made by MDLive to help all victims of Hurricane Harvey. Please forward to your family and friends as a means to provide access to health care, as appropriate, during this challenging time.
In times like these there are only so many words that soothe. Unrelenting thoughts, prayers and acts of kindness can prove to the be the change we want to see in the world. I know we all are ready to help. Let’s roll.
Next steps to come as we receive responses. THANK YOU to this incredible team. Together we will make it through.
All the best,