As we watch how communities and volunteers are coming together in response to Harvey’s aftermath, we are truly inspired and encouraged that even through tragic events, we as a nation can come together and help our neighbors in need. ASSE Region III is proud to be a part of this effort and want to do our part in meeting those needs.
To assist our first responders and volunteers participating in the ongoing clean-up efforts, here are some links to resources available to help keep those workers safe.
- Red Cross Hurricane Safety Checklist
- OSHA Fact Sheet Worker Safety during Hurricane Cleanup and Recovery
- OSHA Fact Sheet Tree Trimming Safety
- OSHA Fact Sheet Sandbags during Flood Disasters
- OSHA Fact Sheet Portable Generator Safety
- OSHA Fact Sheet Mold Hazards during Disaster Cleanup
- OSHA Fact Sheet Hurricane Cleanup PPE Matrix
- OSHA Fact Sheet floodcleanup
- NIH FEMA Protecting Yourself Post-Disaster Cleanup
- CSB Safety Alert Precautions during Oil and Chem Facility Startup