The Region III Regional Operating Committee or ROC met at the 2016 Professional Development Conference (PDC) on Saturday, August 27, 2016. Steve Gray, Region III RVP welcomed everyone that was present in the room and who attended by telephone conference call. There were five guests including the PDC planning committee members, Rick McCain (2017 Co Chair), Erika and Greg May of May Day Marketing, Diana Stegal, Region V VP, Kim McDowell, CoRA, Maribeth Anderson, Council on Regional affairs.
One of the goals for the meeting was Strategic Planning. The list below is some of the discussion topics:
- Quick Progression of Officers without experience
- Different Safety Professional Groups (IH, Environmental, Construction, Transportation, etc.)
- Downturn of Oilfield
- Student Sections Attendance
- Participation by sections
- Social Events
- Go to meeting Account
- Technical Specialist
- Officer Central-Officer Training and accountability
- Partner with other Associations (IAHA, IRMI, ect.)
- Temporary Sections
- Golf Outing or other social events
- Commitment from local Leadership
- Effective Communications-Newsletters, phone calls and emails.
- Membership Survey
- Region III Newsletter
- Chapter Monitoring Program
- Succession Planning
Items to take away
- Support Student Section
- Be a more social chapter (networking events)
- Use strategic partners (OSHA, AGC, AIHA)
At the conclusion of the meeting Jim Rainwater and Greg May discussed the last minute items for the PDC. Steve Gray discussed the Opening Session, Chapter Night Out and social gatherings, with discussions of the golf tournament.
- A motion was made by Denis Baker, and seconded by Steve Jablon to end the $2/member assessment fee. The Gulf Coast Chapter will be paid back in full following the PDC since the Region is now on a better footing.
- RVP Elections are coming up and we are needing some individuals to run against Steve Gray.
- Chapters must complete their Chapter Operations Plan which was due on 8/15. If you need assistance contact Steve Gray.
- In other business, Gerry Luther requested a motion to support Jennifer Lane’s survey for her Doctoral thesis. Motion passed (detailed in the minutes).
Steve Gray concluded the meeting by thanking everyone for all of their hard work and support throughout the planning and hosting of the PDC.
The minutes were provided by Stan Gregory, CSP, and provided here: 8-27-16-roc-minutes